Change Windows Vista boot screen finally has a easier ways to use hight resolution images or photo as your windows vista boot screen. Perhaps all of you already sick with original windows vista boot screen with black screen and status bar only.You can even automatically generate the replacement language MUI file that contains your boot image files. This Windows vista logo generate tools is totally free.
All you need is two images at 800×600 and 1024×768 saved as 24-bit windows bitmaps. Then follow these steps:
- Download Vista Boot Logo Generator v1.2 (BETA)
- Install and run from the link in the Start Menu.
- Hit Browse for image and select both the 800×600 and 1024×768 resolution bitmap files for your boot screen.
- Click on File and select Save Boot Screen File as and save your file.
- Next, you will need to replace the winload.exe.mui file in c:\Windows\System32\en-us with the one you just created. Before you copy in your new file, make a backup of the original. You will need to take ownership of all files in en-us as well as give your account file permissions to replace the file as well in order to copy the new winload.exe.mui file in.
- Click on the start orb and type in “MSCONFIG” in the textbox.
- Once the System Configuration tool loads, click on the Boot tab.
- Under Boot Options check “No GUI Boot”.
- Hit OK and reboot to see the new screen.
After go through the step, You can view your new windows vista boot scree. If you facing some booting problems with Windows vista, You can use the windows vista install CD boot up to replace the winload.exe.mui file with your backup.